Sunday, April 3, 2011

Student of the Day




The next student of the Day is Demetria Robinson. Most call her "Mimi", I call her "Pieces". She was the first student I met when I started working at Solano Middle School over 6 years ago. She came up to me and introduced herself in her own unique way. You have to know her to understand her ways. She was about 11 or 12 and barely taller than my waist. Since then, she has been my shadow. This young lady is a creative, entertaining young lady. Demetria is a junior at Jesse Bethel High School. She is active in the Jaguar Zone and culinary academy. She has volunteered with the Feed the Hungry and Food Pantry Program at Friendship Baptist Church. She has volunteered with the holiday program giving food to people in need. She also participated in our visitation of the sick and elderly. She is a Delta GEM and has been a member since eighth grade. Mimi has joined us in touring colleges since the eighth grade. Her most outstanding quality is her ability to persevere through hard times and still keep her humor. Pieces, you are a special young lady with a great future.

No comments:

Post a Comment